Change is inevitable, particularly when it comes to your appearance. Over the years, fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear, making you look older than you feel. Fortunately, your dermatologists at Atlantic Center for Dermatologic Diseases in Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs, GA, offer treatments that will smooth your lines and wrinkles.
Which treatment is right for you?
As you age, the muscles in your face begin to sag slightly. At the same time, collagen, a protein important for skin elasticity, declines. As a result of these changes, you may notice a few fine lines or wrinkles in your skin. Although plastic surgery was once the only option if you were unhappy with your wrinkles, today dermatologists offer many non-surgical treatments that can revitalize your appearance.
During your visit to the Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, or Sandy Springs dermatology office, your skin doctor may recommend one or more of these treatments:
- Retinoids: These medications are applied directly to your face before you go to bed. Retinoids speed skin cell turnover, increase collagen production and improve skin texture.
- Botox: Wrinkles that appear between and around your eyes and on your forehead are related to the facial expressions you make. Although the wrinkles vanish the moment you stop frowning or laughing when you're younger, they tend to become permanent as you get older. Botox injections prevent muscles from contracting when you make facial expressions, which allows the skin over the muscle to become smoother.
- Fillers: If sagging skin is the cause of your wrinkles, fillers offer a simple solution. The injectable treatment adds volume to your face and smooths wrinkles and relaxes lines around the eyes, nose, mouth, and chin. Fillers can also help improve collagen production.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels remove the outer layers of the skin that contain lines and wrinkles. A few days after the peel solution is applied, your skin will become flaky. Once the flakes fall off, you'll notice that your skin is smoother and younger-looking. Peels are available in several strengths.
Would you like to renew and refresh your appearance? Schedule an appointment with the dermatologists at Atlantic Center for Dermatologic Diseases in Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs, GA, by calling:
(404) 252-4333 (Atlanta and Sandy Springs)
(770) 751-1133 (Roswell)
(770) 664-5225 (Alpharetta)
(770) 844-1902 (Cumming)