Posts for tag: Chemical Peels
Change is inevitable, particularly when it comes to your appearance. Over the years, fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear, making you look older than you feel. Fortunately, your dermatologists at Atlantic Center for Dermatologic Diseases in Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs, GA, offer treatments that will smooth your lines and wrinkles.
Which treatment is right for you?
As you age, the muscles in your face begin to sag slightly. At the same time, collagen, a protein important for skin elasticity, declines. As a result of these changes, you may notice a few fine lines or wrinkles in your skin. Although plastic surgery was once the only option if you were unhappy with your wrinkles, today dermatologists offer many non-surgical treatments that can revitalize your appearance.
During your visit to the Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, or Sandy Springs dermatology office, your skin doctor may recommend one or more of these treatments:
- Retinoids: These medications are applied directly to your face before you go to bed. Retinoids speed skin cell turnover, increase collagen production and improve skin texture.
- Botox: Wrinkles that appear between and around your eyes and on your forehead are related to the facial expressions you make. Although the wrinkles vanish the moment you stop frowning or laughing when you're younger, they tend to become permanent as you get older. Botox injections prevent muscles from contracting when you make facial expressions, which allows the skin over the muscle to become smoother.
- Fillers: If sagging skin is the cause of your wrinkles, fillers offer a simple solution. The injectable treatment adds volume to your face and smooths wrinkles and relaxes lines around the eyes, nose, mouth, and chin. Fillers can also help improve collagen production.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels remove the outer layers of the skin that contain lines and wrinkles. A few days after the peel solution is applied, your skin will become flaky. Once the flakes fall off, you'll notice that your skin is smoother and younger-looking. Peels are available in several strengths.
Would you like to renew and refresh your appearance? Schedule an appointment with the dermatologists at Atlantic Center for Dermatologic Diseases in Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs, GA, by calling:
(404) 252-4333 (Atlanta and Sandy Springs)
(770) 751-1133 (Roswell)
(770) 664-5225 (Alpharetta)
(770) 844-1902 (Cumming)
If you’re bothered by fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring or an uneven skin tone, or if you are looking for a simple way to rejuvenate your skin, chemical peels may be a good option for you.
A chemical peel is a cosmetic procedure performed by your dermatologist. This in-office treatment involves applying an acid solution to remove damaged outer layers of skin, erasing imperfections and improving skin tone and texture. As the old, outer layer of skin is exfoliated and removed, it stimulates the growth of new, healthy skin cells that are smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
This time-tested, non-invasive procedure is quick—in most cases less than an hour—and yields fast results. It can drastically improve the appearance of skin marked by wrinkles, scars and other signs of aging or sun damage.
Chemical peels can improve the appearance of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin pigmentation
- Acne scarring
- Sun-damaged skin
- Age spots
Chemical peels can be applied to many parts of the body including the face, neck, chest and hands and are available in several different strengths. Our office can help you determine the type of chemical used depending on your skin type and desired results. The best candidate for a chemical peel is a person with fair skin and light hair, although darker skin types can also achieve good results depending on their specific problem and treatment goals.
How many treatments are necessary depends on the severity of skin damage and the patient’s goals. With each treatment, scarring and other imperfections typically diminish more and more.
At your dermatologist's office, we can help you achieve your most radiant, youthful skin. Visit to learn more about cosmetic dermatology and to find out if you are a candidate for chemical peels.