Posts for tag: Fillers
Change is inevitable, particularly when it comes to your appearance. Over the years, fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear, making you look older than you feel. Fortunately, your dermatologists at Atlantic Center for Dermatologic Diseases in Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs, GA, offer treatments that will smooth your lines and wrinkles.
Which treatment is right for you?
As you age, the muscles in your face begin to sag slightly. At the same time, collagen, a protein important for skin elasticity, declines. As a result of these changes, you may notice a few fine lines or wrinkles in your skin. Although plastic surgery was once the only option if you were unhappy with your wrinkles, today dermatologists offer many non-surgical treatments that can revitalize your appearance.
During your visit to the Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, or Sandy Springs dermatology office, your skin doctor may recommend one or more of these treatments:
- Retinoids: These medications are applied directly to your face before you go to bed. Retinoids speed skin cell turnover, increase collagen production and improve skin texture.
- Botox: Wrinkles that appear between and around your eyes and on your forehead are related to the facial expressions you make. Although the wrinkles vanish the moment you stop frowning or laughing when you're younger, they tend to become permanent as you get older. Botox injections prevent muscles from contracting when you make facial expressions, which allows the skin over the muscle to become smoother.
- Fillers: If sagging skin is the cause of your wrinkles, fillers offer a simple solution. The injectable treatment adds volume to your face and smooths wrinkles and relaxes lines around the eyes, nose, mouth, and chin. Fillers can also help improve collagen production.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels remove the outer layers of the skin that contain lines and wrinkles. A few days after the peel solution is applied, your skin will become flaky. Once the flakes fall off, you'll notice that your skin is smoother and younger-looking. Peels are available in several strengths.
Would you like to renew and refresh your appearance? Schedule an appointment with the dermatologists at Atlantic Center for Dermatologic Diseases in Cumming, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs, GA, by calling:
(404) 252-4333 (Atlanta and Sandy Springs)
(770) 751-1133 (Roswell)
(770) 664-5225 (Alpharetta)
(770) 844-1902 (Cumming)
Are Fillers Right for You?
Thinking about fillers? Dermal filler injections can give you a more youthful look for a fraction of what a facelift costs. Dermal fillers are soft tissue fillers injected into the skin to improve your facial appearance or reverse the signs of aging. Dermatologists offer a variety of dermal fillers to meet their patients' individual needs. Here are several signs that dermal fillers are right for you.
1. You want to erase facial wrinkles.
As people age, fine lines, folds, and wrinkles start to appear. The hyaluronic acid and collagen in the skin diminishes, causing the skin to lose volume and structure. Dermal filler injections eliminate wrinkles by adding plumpness to the skin and replacing the collagen lost due to skin damage or aging. The treatment will fill fine lines and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes with results that can last up to 18 months.
2. You want to smooth away laugh lines.
Don't be afraid to laugh! Nasolabial folds, also known as laugh lines, are nothing to laugh about. These creases and lines run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth, and are the result of the loss of facial volume as we age. Dermal filler injections smooth laugh lines by filling in deep creases. For laugh lines, you should opt for hyaluronic acid fillers, like Juvéderm, Sculptra, Restylane, or Juvéderm Voluma.
3. You want to enhance your cheeks.
Wrinkles and fine lines aren't the only signs of aging. Over time, your skin may start to sag and your cheeks may flatten. This happens because volume is lost in the cheeks. Using dermal fillers, your doctor can improve the appearance of your cheeks without surgery. Injectable treatments add volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks and help create a youthful appearance.
4. You want to get rid of acne scars.
While acne scars may fade over time, they often don't go away completely without treatment. Injectable treatment fades acne scars by adding volume to them. Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, and Belotero are the injectables for treating acne scars. They are able to reduce the appearance of certain types of scars and improve the texture of your skin.
5. You want to make your lips look bigger.
Some patients have thin lips and want to make them bigger. Other patients have noticed their lips thinning over time. Your dermatologist can use dermal fillers to increase volume in your lips. Juvederm can improve the appearance of your lips by adding volume, structure, and shape. The effects typically last up to one year. After that, more injections will be required to maintain your new look.
Say goodbye to those signs of aging. Search for a qualified dermatologist in your area right now and schedule an appointment for a dermal filler treatment. Dermal filler treatment is the secret to looking younger! With dermal filler treatments, you will look as incredible as you feel!