Acne Treatment Options
posted: Aug. 21, 2023.
Acne can be ugly and uncomfortable. This common skin condition can make you self-conscious about your appearance. Our dermatologist can help. The dermatologists at Atlanta Center for Dermatologic Diseases provide a wide range of dermatology services, including several acne treatment options, to help you enjoy clear skin. They have four convenient office locations in Alpharetta, Cumming, Roswell, and Sandy Springs, GA, to help you and your skin.
What You Need To Know About Acne
Acne is more common in teenagers and others who may be going through hormonal changes, including adults. It’s most often caused by dead skin cells, excess oil, dirt, and debris plugging up your pores. Acne can develop in several types, including:
- Cystic acne
Over-the-counter acne treatments can help for some people with mild acne, but for stubborn, moderate to severe acne, you should seek out professional treatment from your dermatologist, who may recommend:
- Benzoyl peroxide products, which work by clearing out blocked pores
- Topical and oral antibiotics, which kill the underlying bacteria causing an infection in your pores
- Hormonal acne treatments, which are highly effective to treat hormone-related acne
- Tretinoin products, clear away material plugging up your pores
- Extraction treatment, which uses an instrument to completely remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Laser light treatment, which uses heat and light to kill the underlying bacteria causing acne
Acne can also cause unsightly acne scarring. Your dermatologist can help fade or eliminate acne scarring, using several methods. Some of the most common acne scarring treatments include:
- Chemical peels
- Dermal fillers
- Laser light therapy
- Skin resurfacing treatments
Want To Know More?
To find out more about acne treatment options and how your dermatologist can help you enjoy clear skin, call the dermatologists at Atlanta Center for Dermatologic Diseases. You can reach them in:
- Alpharetta, GA, by calling (770) 664-5225
- Cumming, GA, by calling (770) 844-1902
- Roswell, GA, by calling (770) 751-1133
- Sandy Springs, GA, by calling (404) 252-4333