Dealing With Rashes In Sandy Springs, Roswell, Alpharetta, and Cumming, GA
"Rash" is a general term for a wide variety of skin conditions. A rash refers to an uncomfortable change in the color, texture or appearance of the skin. It can appear as a red patch, small bumps or blisters. It may itch or irritate. Many rashes are mild and can be treated effectively with topical medications.
However, rashes can be a symptom for more significant skin problems requiring expert care. The more prevalent of these are:
- Allergic reactions such as reactions to medications
- Atopic Dermatitis , the most common form of eczema.
- Bacterial Infections , such as impetigo.
- Contact Dermatitis , a type of eczema caused by coming into contact with an allergen.
- Chronic skin problems , such as acne, psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis.
- Fungal Infections , such as ringworm and yeast infection.
- Viral Infections , such as shingles.
A rash may also be a sign of a more serious illness. If you experience a rash that does not go away on its own after a short time, make an appointment to see one of our providers to have it properly diagnosed and treated.