Dealing With Wrinkles In Sandy Springs, Roswell, Alpharetta, and Cumming, GA
Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process. They occur most frequently in areas exposed to the sun, such as the face, neck, back of the hands and forearms. Over time, skin gets thinner, drier and less elastic. Ultimately, this causes wrinkles - either fine lines or deep furrows. In addition to sun exposure, premature aging of the skin is associated with smoking, heredity and skin type. Treatment for wrinkles runs the gamut from topical creams and moisturizers to cosmetic procedures. The most common medical treatments are:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids - preparations made from "fruit acids" that produce subtle improvements in the appearance of wrinkles.
- Retinoids - consisting of Vitamins A derived creams that diminish wrinkles and sunspots. It also has beneficial effects for acne and psoriasis.
- Bleaching agents - lighten sun and age-related brown spots on the face and body
- Moisturizers - temporarily reduces the appearance of wrinkles, aids wound healing and improves skin texture.
- Sunscreens - broad spectrum protection from harmful UV rays which are damaging to the skin.
Cosmetic procedures include:
- Facial Fillers such as Juvederm and Sculptra
- Chemical Peels
The best prevention for wrinkles is to keep the skin moisturized and use sunscreen or sunblock.